Junior class finalizes prom festivities

Olivia Wachsman, Executive Editor

Prom is right around the corner and many G.C.H.S. students are anxiously awaiting ticket sales. 

With a limited capacity of 250 people, administrators opted for online tickets this year.  Tickets for seniors went on sale last week and they are now available for juniors to purchase. Students will receive an email where they can enter their information before receiving a prom code. Once the code has been emailed to them, students can go online and purchase their ticket. 

Prom will be held April 17 at the Venue at Anderson Oaks from 7:30-11:30.

“It’s right off Cooks Corner Road so it’s super convenient for everyone to get to,” junior class sponsor Stephanie Long said.

The open venue will offer lots of space to social distance while dancing the night away. Masks will be required while stationary, but do not have to be worn while dancing.

“We don’t want you to dance so hard that your mask prevents you from breathing,” said Long.

Refreshments will also be offered at prom as well as a coffee and frozen yogurt popsicle truck. 

“We have some fun prom favors available when you get there,” Long said.

John Simms will also be available to take pictures at the venue.

The week leading up to prom will be Spirit Week. The days will be Manic Monday, Twinning Tuesday, Wild Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Fairytale Friday. 

After a year of canceled events, many are looking forward to this return to normalcy.