District hires new resource officer

Jaida Strahan, Staff Reporter

New to the high school,  resource officer Caleb Davis, is where he truly loves to be and that is in George County. 

“Ultimately the bottom line is we love George County,” officer Davis said. 

George County is where Davis was raised and went to high school. His hometown is where his wife and he are currently raising his two step-sons. 

On the side, Davis’s hobbies include hunting, fishing and mainly golfing. 

“Golf. I love golf. I watch golf. I play golf. It is my go to, but I do love to fish and hunt,” officer Davis said. 

Alongside loving George County and ball games, the work schedule played a huge factor in what brought Davis to the school. His schedule consists of many tasks around the high school and school district. 

“First and for most is the safety for faculty and staff as well as students,”  Davis said. 

The new resource officer has set new goals and achievements he would like to see at the high school. 

“Some goals I want to improve is a relationship between officer and faculty, as well as students. Where we maintain the respect as law enforcement but also are relatable to where the students feel if there is an issue they can come to us and we will hear them and understand where they’re coming from to address the situation. Some of the things I hope to bring is better security to where students or staff don’t have to worry about anything when they come to school and know someone is here to protect them,” Davis said.  

Before taking on his new duties and goals, Davis previously worked for the Mississippi Department of Public Safety.