GCHS hires new secretary

Kalifornia Gentry, Staff Reporter

Anyone visiting the front office will notice a face greeting everyone as they come through. GCHS welcomes Jacquelynn Knowles as the new front office secretary.

This is Knowles first time working with a school system.  She graduated from George County in 2002 and continued her journey at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, where she got her Associates degree. 

Knowles has lived here in Lucedale all her life and she is married and has four children, two of whom attend the high school

“ A goal I have for my work is to become more familiar with the teachers and their roles, the students, and just become more familiar with the job and my role” Knowels said.

Knowles mentions that she already loves all the people she works with and looks forward to meeting everyone else. 

Before Knowles joined the high school staff she was a stay-at-home mom, and she says that if she had not  joined the school system she would continue to stay at home.

Knowles says that what motivates her each and everyday is her children. With her  spending all her free time with her kids, they are a very big part of her life.

One thing Knowles wants George County to know about her is that she is a kind and friendly person.