JROTC Welcomes WO Fallon

Charlsi Caldwell, Staff Reporter

As a teacher, Chief Warrant Officer 4 Gerry Fallon strives to impact the future of sports, government and society. Although this is his first year as a teacher, Fallon expects a lot from his JROTC cadets.

“I expect my students to represent GCHS and the JROTC program with honor and integrity,” Fallon said.

Fallon grew up in Lucedale and graduated from George County High School in 1994. He attended Liberty University and received two degrees. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Science and Aerospace Engineering and a Masters in Arts and Executive Leadership, but he was not in college until he was in the military.

Fallon spent 21 years in Army Aviation as a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter pilot. He was deployed in Afghanistan, the Bahamas and twice in Iraq. He has also been sent on a counter drug chase across the Gulf Coast. While he was in the army, Fallon also spent some time as a U.S. Army Paratrooper and found a strong interest in skydiving.

“I found my interest for skydiving when I was a U.S. Army paratrooper,” Fallon said.

When it was time, Fallon decided to retire and move back home to Lucedale. It was then he decided to apply for the new JROTC teacher job. He expects to grow professionally here at GCHS, as well as he expects to impact the lives of not only his cadets in the JROTC program, but all students at the high school.